This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data, and keep it safe.
We know that there’s a lot of information here, but we want you to be fully informed about your rights, and how the Travelin-Lite LTD uses your data; for example we will explain things such as what we do with any payment information supplied to us.
We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with us.
It’s likely that we’ll need to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We’ll notify you of any significant changes, but you’re welcome to come back and check it whenever you wish.
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent.
This would be when you tick a box agreeing to sign up to our mailing list for example.
When collecting your personal data, we’ll always make clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service. Travelin-Lite will never ask for any information that is irrelevant to the purpose.
Contractual obligations :
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
For example, if you order an item from us for delivery, we’ll have to ask for your address to be able to deliver your purchase. Your address details will then be passed on to our courier.
Legal compliance :
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
We would therefore pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting Travelin-Lite to law enforcement .
Legitimate interest :
We may contact our trade customers at a later date by using their purchase history to tell them about new products which may be of potential interest to them.
This only applies to our trade customers. We would not contact any of our retail customers unless it was with regards to their order or in reply to their initial communication.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- When you visit our website or eBay and use your account to buy products and services.
- When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest (in which case we just collect transaction-based data). This applies to our website www.travelinlite-transporters.co.uk
- When you create an account with us online, by phone or in our shop.
- When you purchase a product or service in our shop, online or by phone but don’t have (or don’t use) an account.
- When you engage with us on social media we will have your name and any contact details you supply us with.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you enter competitions.
- When you comment on or review our products.
- When you use our car park at 8 Twyford Business Center, London Rd, CM23 3YT as we have a CCTV system operating for the security of both customers and company property. These systems may record your image during your visit.
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
- If you have an online account with us: your name, invoice/delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephone number. For your security, we’ll also keep an encrypted record of your login password.
- We may keep details of your interactions with us through our website, social media, eBay or by phone.
For example, we may collect notes from our conversations with you, details of complaints or comments you make, purchases you made, items viewed or added to your basket, and how and when you contact us. This information will be shredded once the issue has been resolved.
- Details of your visits to our websites or apps, and which site you came from to ours.
We’ll only ask for and use your personal data collected for recommending items of interest and to tailor your shopping experience with us. Of course, it’s always your choice whether you share such details with us.
- Payment card information.
- Your comments and product reviews.
- Your image and car may be recorded on CCTV when you visit our shop and use our car park at 8 Twyford Business Center, London Road, Bishop’s Stortford, Herts, CM23 3YT.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
HOW AND WHY WE USE PERSONAL DATA
We want to offer you the very best customer service. This being said we will never use your information if not agreed by you in advance. For example, if you have asked to become part of our mailing list. If you do then we may contact you from time to time to offer you promotions, products and services that could potentially be of interest to you.
The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing the highest levels of service.
If you would like to stop receiving emails from us or are a trade customer and would like to ensure we do not contact you in the future regarding products which may be of interest to you, please read our HOW CAN YOU OPT OUT OF OUR MAILING LIST section.
Be aware however that if you decide to withhold certain information, we may not be able to properly deliver our products and services to you. For example, if you want us to let you know when one of our products has come back in to stock but do not want us to have your contact number or email address, we may not be able to contact you with this information.
How do we use your personal data and why:
- To process any orders that you make by using our website, social media, eBay, by phone or in our shop. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations.
For example, your details will likely need to be passed to a third party to supply or deliver the product that you ordered. We do not keep any payment information on file.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- To protect our customers, premises, and assets, we operate CCTV systems in our car parks which record images for security. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests. This also helps to protect our customers from fraud.
- If we discover any criminal activity or alleged criminal activity through our use of CCTV, fraud monitoring and suspicious transaction monitoring, we will process this data for the purposes of preventing or detecting unlawful acts. We aim is to protect the individuals we interact with from criminal activities.
- To send you emails of new products, promotions and special events but only if you OPT IN to our mailing list. You can opt out at any time.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We do not store any information besides the following :
- Your previous purchase history which is kept for our accounts records. This will include your name, address and contact telephone number. Your payment information is never written down or stored anywhere. This is kept only for accounts purposes (and by law) for six years.
- Your email address should you OPT IN to our mailing list.
We do not share your information with anyone.
WHERE WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You will be asked to enter your personal data such as name, address and contact telephone number when placing an order on our website (you will make payment via Shopify and we cannot access your payment details), eBay (unless you make payment direct you will make payment via Paypal and again we cannot access your payment information). We write your order up on our accounts system Sage where it is saved for a minimum of 1 year. Then invoices are kept for an additional 6 years. If you make card payment by card we use the PayPal terminal and input your payment information directly and it is not stored.
HOW CAN YOU OPT OUT OF OUR MAILING LIST
You can opt out at any time by unsubscribing from our database. On every email we send to you there is a link at the bottom saying UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS LIST. If you click on this link it will automatically remove you from our database. We will not store your details thereafter unless you have an account with us. Alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and put in the subject line of the email REMOVE FROM MAILING LIST In the body of the email please include your name and email address associated with your connection with us.
To change your profile and preferences simply use the other link at the bottom of our mailers UPDATE YOUR PREFERENCES.
If you would like to delete your account with us, you can do this by emailing email@example.com and put in the subject line of the email DELETE ACCOUNT In the body of the email please include your name, email address and date of last order with us.
If your account is deleted, the only thing that we keep on file is the invoice written up at the time of any order. Our invoices are kept on our computer accounts system for 12 months and paper copy will be kept in a secured please for a further 6 years for accounts purposes only. No one besides directors have access to these records.
If you have any questions or are unhappy with how your data has been handled, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to 8 Twyford Business Centre, London Road, Bishop’s Stortford, Herts, CM23 3YT